There is a girl name Jane somewhere out there in the world. She hides a secret so deep she must wear a mask. Perhaps scared some will judge her. She goes to school wearing this mask petrified someone will see her blue skin. She sits and writes in her little black composition filling it with every bit of sadness she had ever experienced. The mask she wears is as thick as concrete. She had blue skin as did they. They searched for blue their whole life through; then pass right by they never knew.
Optimistic Paragraph- Ten Years in my Future by Khajeie Feazell
Wow! I’m still in a daze as I lay in my bed, looking up at the ceiling of my dorm room as the sun brightly shines on my face. I start to reminisce about the events that took place the lively night before. We are in the last quarter of the basketball championship game, with only three seconds left of play and the other team is beating us by two points. The ball in inbound to me and with no time to think about the placement of the pass I quickly turned and shot the ball in the net for three points to win the most fiercely played game in my basketball season. I have played here for three years and we finally won that elusive championship. I’m going to graduate within a month with a bachelor’s degree in science for Computers and Information Systems, but until then I’m going to let this sun shine on me and call some of my family and friends from my bed basking in the sunlight. After this Im going to continue my dream of playing professionally in the NBA and grow more as a righteous and spiritual person, who is determined and focused in life.
Need some inspiration? Here’s a few prompts to get you started! You can also head over to our Pinterest page and look at our creative writing board!
• An impulse buy leading to intergalactic warfare
• A language class for aliens
• Someone goes to extreme lengths to return something they borrowed
• It’s 3am and you get an official phone alert saying “Do not look at the moon”. You have hundreds of notifications all of them saying “It’s a beautiful night tonight. Look outside. Look at the moon.”
• “Have we robbed this bank before? I feel like we have.”
• “The fire didn’t start itself! Which one of you did it?”
• You’re vacationing in a city you’ve never been to before. Suddenly you’ve found yourself in a place you’ve seen hundreds of times in your dreams. The person you always see in your dreams is there, too. They slowly turn to you and ask “Is it really, you?”
• Write a myth to explain thunder and lightning
• How do you feel when you love someone who does not love you back?
• Write about two people seeing each other for the first time.
• This character has always had the ability to change how they looked, and so they hid their true appearance behind attractive façades. Now, their abilities aren’t working, exposing what they truly look like.
• Magic is the norm. Some excel at it, some are only okay, and others are against it completely, despite being able to use it. Your main character is the latter.
• Your character researches untouched societies as a living. While deep in the jungle on an assignment, they accidentally allow themselves to be seen by someone from the society, a big no-no. What that person is capable of is beyond the world your character knew existed.
• Your character lives in a world where every single person’s DNA is carefully genetically designed for something to help the community. Your main character despises what they were created for. This has never happened before.
• Due to climate change, wildfires have engulfed the large majority of living land. Your character is one of many attempting to board a ship set for a new in-ocean settlement. The problem? That settlement doesn’t actually exist.
• As an artist, your main character has it well. But when everything they’ve worked for is burned in a tragic fire, they have to start all over with nothing to their name and a roommate determined to hold them back.
• Whenever you speak, people hear you speaking in their native language. Most people are surprised and delighted but the cashier you just talked to at McDonald’s is horrified. He says “No one’s spoken that language in thousands of years!”
• A Ghost that travelled the universe
• A ghost from someone that died in the 90s or 2000s what would their personality be like?
• The skeletons are coming
• You’re an assassin with a 6th sense. You help ghosts get vengeance for the wrongs done to them while they were alive.
• Throwing a coin into a fountain and making a wish doesn’t grant it. Taking them out grants it. A homeless man fishes out some of the coins. These are the stories of whose coins he took.
• Where is home?
• The scent of smoke filled the air
• The smell of wood